Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sky Horse Bus

I won't write much today. Too tired. The whole day was grey and rainy. I got up early, visited the Museum of the City of New York and the New York Historical Society. Saw good documentaries on the city's history and - that's what lured me to the Historical Society - beautiful Romantic paintings by Hudson River School artist Thomas Cole, as well as some of the great bird paintings by John James Audubon. I also discovered some more areas of Central Park. It's a great park, full of ducks, squirrels, and joggers.  After that, I followed Er Ic's advice to visit Bedford Avenue in Brooklyn. Very nice neighborhood with a great indoor flea market.
Now I'm sitting in the Sky Horse Bus that's supposed to get me to Columbus, OH. I guess I'll write about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment