Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Weather Update

I woke up half an hour ago - around 3:20 - for no apparent reason. Only a few minutes later, I heard a distant thunder, followed by two, maybe three violent gushes of rain that poured onto the street outside and the roof above my head for no more than 30 seconds each. Then -lightning! This must be the first thunderstorm I've ever experienced at temperatures right around freezing. A wind that rattled fiercely at my window for some long  seconds, and then disappeared into imperceptability, carried the heavy rain, the lightning and thunder away towards the west. Now I'm left to fall asleep again under the light but incessant rainfall and the dripping of water all around---but no! Another lightning flash! Brighter and more intense than its predecessors, and followed frighteningly close by its audible complement. And now again nothing but rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment